Studies at the oilfield Trattnach
RAG has vouged to support the School of Petroleum Engineering from 2008 to 2011 with an annual donation of 100,000 EUR to help in the development of a department based oil field, „Trattnach“. Students will now be able to gain „hands-on“ knowledge and experience with the resultant real life data.
Up till now with respect to the Trattnach project, the following projects were implimented:
- Analysis of the reservoir bedrock potential i.e., the Turon- Black Shale.
- Analysis of the biomarker composition of the Trattnach oil along with its neighboring fields to find migration trends.
- 10 Bachelor’s theses/themes within the framework of the field.
- Numerical modeling and thermal transport within the well.
- Properties of advanced reservoir models.
- Testing of the potential of spectral gamma ray (SGR) logs to predict TOC contents.