The application must be sent directly to the university by September 1st for the winter semester and by February 1st for the summer semester:
University of Leoben
Franz Josef-Straße 18
8700 Leoben, AUSTRIA
1. The Application for Admission form can be downloaded from www.unileoben.ac.at
2. General university entrance qualification:
- for Bachelor's or Diploma degree studies: Matura/High School Diploma or equivalent
- for Master's studies: Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- for Doctoral studies: Diploma, Master's or equivalent degree
3. Specific university entrance qualification: proof of the right of direct admission to the chosen field of studies in the country in which the document qualifying for university studies was issued.
4. Birth certificate (original) or copy of passport.
Proof of proficiency in German, if available, should also be included. Foreign documents have to be presented in the original and have to be authenticated.
If documents are drawn up in foreign languages other than German or English, authenticated translations have to be added. If this is the case, contact the nearest Austrian embassy. If foreign certificates are not equivalent to Austrian certificates, the Austrian university will prescribe supplementary examinations which have to be passed before admission to degree program studies. All documents will be returned together with the notification of admission.
Application for Visa/Entry or Residence Permit:
Students from non-EU and EEA member countries should apply for a residence permit for study purposes at the Austrian representative authority after receipt of the notification of admission. The following documents have to be submitted:
- application form
- 2 passport sized photographs
- birth certificate
- notification of admission
- proof of sufficient financial means to cover one’s living costs
- clean criminal record (if available)
If all requirements are met, the students will receive a residence permit for study purposes directly from the representative authority. The issue of the residence permit is subject to a fee.